State Board curriculum is one of the gateways to get admission into state-affiliated and private colleges. Having a state board curriculum on your resume would prove to be useful in regional exams like WBJEE, COMEDK, MHT CET etc. Hence, top state board schools are always in huge demand. Though CBSE students are also allowed to take these exams, these exams are based on State Board curriculum and would be an added advantage to a student aspiring for them.
List of Recognized Boards that conduct their own entrance tests :
- Andhra Pradesh Board ofIntermediate Education, Hyderabad
- Assam Board of Secondary Education, Guwahati
- Bihar Intermediate Education Council, Patna
- Bihar School Examination Board, Patna
- Chhatisgarh Board of Secondary Education, Raipur
- Goa Board of Secondary & Higher Secondary Education, Goa.
- Gujarat Secondary & Higher Secondary Education Board, Gandhi Nagar.
- Haryana Board of Education, Hansi Road, Bhiwani
- Haryana Open School, Bhiwani
- Himachal Pradesh Board of School Education, Dharamshala.
JAMMU & KASHMIR
- J&K State Board of School Education, Jammu
- J&K State Open School, Srinagar
- Jharkhand Academic Council, Ranchi.
- Karnataka Secondary Education Examination Borad, Bangalore
- Karnataka Open School, J.S.S. Maha Vidya Peeth, Mysore
- Kerala Board of Public Examinations, Pareeksha Bhawan, Thiruvananthpuram
- Kerala State Open School, Thiruvananthapuram
- Maharashtra State Board of Secondary and Higher Secondary Education, Pune.
- Madhya Pradesh Board of Secondary Education, Bhopal
- M.P. State Open School, Bhopal
- Manipur Council of Higher Secondary Education, Imphal
- Manipur Board of Secondary Education, Imphal